Thursday, January 10, 2008

My new tipple

Having spent the last few days coughing convulsively, often in the middle of meetings, my new best friend is this bottle of Covonia.

It actually tastes pretty ghastly - should have trusted my instincts and stuck to the original version (Covonia 1.0, if you will) but I gambled on this new and improved mentholated expectorant. After gagging at the first spoonful, I reached for the bottle to find out what on earth was in it. Not only does it contain the mysterious 'squill tincture' (something to do with fluffy-tailed park rodents?) but it has an alcohol level of 7.7%.

Which rather negates my attempts at temperance this week (no wine since Sunday, thank you very much). Could be worse though. I could be one of the 3.1 million 12-25 year-olds in the US getting high on Calpol, Tixilix and the like. Or maybe by the weekend I will be...

No comments: